Last Revised: December 23, 2020
Laguna Health Inc. (“Laguna”, “we” or "us") respects the privacy of the users of its Site or Services (“User” or “you”) and is committed to protect its Users’ personal information. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use about you when you use our Site or Services. Please read the following carefully to understand Laguna’s views and practices regarding your personal information.
2. Which information may we collect about Users? We collect two types of data and information from our Users:
2.1. Non-personal Information. The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us when such User uses our Site. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, type of operating system, device type, User's 'click-stream' on the Site, keyboard language, screen resolution, time spent on various screens of the Site, metadata, etc.
2.2. Personal Information. The other type of information we collect is individually identifiable information. To put it simply, this information identifies an individual or is of a private and/or sensitive nature, such as your contact information (“Personal Information”), including:
2.2.1. Personal Information that is provided voluntarily: Communications with Laguna: Personal Information you provide us as part of any communications with Laguna, by any means, including by approaching our customer services, or approaching us in order to receive technical support, including by phone (such information may include marketing and communication data that includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences). We may record such calls for quality assurance purposes and in order to improve our Services.
Contact and Registration Details: Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide us as part of setting their Account, which includes the User's first and last name, email address and mobile telephone number. Additional information may be requested in the future.
Medical-related Forms: Personal Information may also be included in medical and insurance related forms you may fill out on the Site or in connection with our Services. For example, we will be able to obtain your medical records per your request, once you will have completed and submitted the Authorization Form. Personal Health Information: Personal information concerning your medical condition ("PHI") will be provided to us by you. You may provide us with PHI upon opening an Account, in communications with us, or otherwise. You may also authorize us to collect your PHI from insurers and/or Medical Providers (e.g. in the Authorization Form). Any PHI that you choose to provide us with, or otherwise make accessible to us, will be protected in accordance with the strictest standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") and applicable laws.
2.2.2. Personal Information collected via technology: Location Data Geolocation: While using the Site or Services, we will collect, process, monitor and/or remotely store your IP address, which allows us to determine your approximate location (“Geolocation”) using a third-party service provider. We may use this information for analyzing the usage of our Services and for security purposes. Device Location: In such case that you permit us to use location services on your device, we will collect, process and/or remotely store your accurate location information as reported by the device’s GPS sensor. Users are able to stop this information collection at any time by disabling location access in your device settings. Personalization: Your device location or Geolocation may be used to personalize your experience and the Services provided to you. For example, we may send you messages or reminders as you leave the premises of the hospital.
2.2.3. For avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information connected or linked to or associated with any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection, linkage or association exists.
3. How do we collect information about our Users? There are several methods we use to collect information:
3.1. We collect information through your entry, connection, access and/or use of the Site or Services. In other words, when you are using the Site or our Services, we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage (such as the Non-personal Information detailed above and your IP address), either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
3.2. We collect information that you provide us voluntarily. We collect Personal Information, or are exposed to Personal Information, as detailed in Section 2.2.1 above
3.3. We collect information we receive from our Medical Provider. Some Users may be referred to our Services via a Medical Provider. Other Users may authorize us to obtain Personal Information from Medical Providers. Depending on the circumstances and your permissions, the Medical Providers may provide us with your contact details and/or PHI.
3.3.1. We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the purposes of the collection and processing of information?
4.1. Non-personal Information is processed in order to: Enhance the User’s experience of our Services; Create statistical information and learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on our Services (e.g. understand which features are more popular than others); Keep the Site and Services safe and secure, and prevent fraud; and Improve, develop and upgrade our Services. 4.2. Personal Information is processed in order to: Enable the operation of the Site and/or Services and administer your Account; Respond to your inquiries or support requests; Provide the full functionality of the Services, with the main purpose of providing you with tailored, personalized and relevant information and/or reminders related to a medical condition and/or a particular treatment; Send notifications, emails or messages (whether general or User-specific) to the User, whether as part of the Services or in connection with the Services; Verify the User's identity when s/he signs in to the Account; Determine general geo-location information (i.e., state) from which the User's device is connected to the Internet and GPS information of the User's device in order for us to show Users geographically relevant content, and/or services in Users’ vicinity; Add your contact details to our mailing list for the purposes of sending you information, status updates relevant to your treatment (when applicable), updates about Laguna’s developments, products and services, new offerings, research or news by email, SMS, phone, through web-browser notification or through the post. You have the right to opt-out of marketing messages at any time by following the instructions in such message or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Enable us to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and in order to provide them the Services; Provide Users with updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to Laguna including with respect to changes made to our Terms; Conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes; Keep the Site and Service safe and secure and for prevention of fraud and crime; Comply with our legal obligations and in order to be able to protect our rights and legitimate interests; Maintain our data processing records and general administrative purposes; and Email tracking – we may use tracking technology within the email we may send you in order to improve interactions with you and to better understand whether our emails were opened and read, and such tracking may include capturing the time and date in which you opened our email messages and the type of device you use to open such emails.
5.3. For avoidance of doubt, Laguna may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its discretion including without limitation for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, developing and improvement of our Site and Services.
6. Your Rights Laguna acknowledges you have the right to access and change the Personal Information we collect and process. If you wish to access or to correct, amend, or delete Personal Information, please send us an email to: email@example.com and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe, but in any event no later than permitted by applicable law. Additionally, please note that in order to ensure that you have as much control over your Personal Information and other information as possible, you may modify certain parts of your information by yourself, in the Account. Important: Terminating your Account will not necessarily delete your Personal Information that is stored on our servers. If you wish to delete all Personal Information (including PHI) that we have collected about you please send a deletion request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete it within a reasonable timeframe; however, please note that we may be required by applicable laws and regulations to retain certain Personal Information for a longer period. Please note that aggregate and/or anonymous information derived from your Account and/or use of the Site or Services may remain on Laguna servers indefinitely.
8. Minors The Site and Service is intended for Users over the age of sixteen (16). Therefore, Laguna does not intend and does not knowingly collect directly Personal Information from children under the age of sixteen (16) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of sixteen (16) are not using the Site or Service. If we learn that we collected Personal Information from minors under the age of sixteen (16) we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you have reasons to suspect that Laguna collected Personal Information from minors under the age of sixteen (16), please notify us at email@example.com, and we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
9. Third Party Service Providers and Third Party Software
9.2. Note that we collect, hold and/or manage your Personal Information through Laguna's authorized third parties whom are vendors of certain products or services (such as hosting cloud services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purposes.
9.3. Such vendors may be located in a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
9.4. Such third parties service providers include without limitation the following categories of service providers:
11. Cookies & Local Storage When you access or use the Site or Service, we and/or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as User persistent identifiers (or other similar technologies), which store certain local information on your device ("Local Storage") which may enable, inter alia, automatic activation of certain features and make the User’s Site experience and usage simpler, more relevant, convenient and effortless. Such information is locally stored in the User's device. Laguna and/or our authorized third party service providers may access such information. Laguna and/or our authorized third party service providers may use both session cookies (which expire once you close the Site) and persistent cookies (which stay on the User’s device until he/she deletes them). Such Local Storage used by the Site may store non-personal information (such as the different pages viewed by a User within the Site) as well as User persistent identifier, which will be collected in accordance with the terms specified herein. It is easy to prohibit and/or delete the Local Storage, inter alia, through the Settings option of your web-browser. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from a device, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. For detailed instructions regarding the blocking of cookies, please refer to your browser 'help', 'tool' or 'edit' section or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of your browser, your Site experience may be affected and may be limited.
12. Security We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and Service and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information will never occur.
12.1.1. To the extent that Laguna implemented the required security measures under applicable law, Laguna shall not be responsible or liable for unauthorized access, hacking, or other security intrusions or failure to store or the theft, deletion, corruption, destruction, damage, or loss of any data or information included in the Personal Information.